Green

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Why does everybody hate paypal?

I use paypal for everything, but yes, it is a rule unto themselves and i hate that.
Did you know that anything (and i mean ANTHING) sold on ebay, that is delivered without insurance / signed delivery can be charged back and of course, all the buyers will refuse to pay the extra.
(I have had little shits on ebay win the auction, fully agreed to the fees when bidding, but then when it is time to pay they pull out a calculator and demand to know why it is XX cents over the exact postage costs, in 90% of times i actually lose money on postage, but the little shits refuse to pay 1 cent above what they think they should. Paying $1 extra for insurance is "unthinkable" for them, but it is still essential for the seller to pay for this as it protects the seller NOT the buyer.)

Not only that, but as soon as you do a chargeback (or at least if you are Australian) paypal steals the money from your account and holds it. That means if it is a large amount, you risk overwithdrawel fees from your bank, and again, if it is a large amount and you have other expenses going through (like mortgage) then suddenly your in some deep shit.

Even if you quickly resolve it and paypal finds it in your favour, the money then goes to your paypal account, and 3 days (and a fee depending if it is below the minimum) and you can then put your own money back into the account.
so as an occasional seller on ebay, i have been fucked,( I buy more then i sell anyway).

Here is my experience as a buyer. A while ago i hired a webdesigner to work for me. I hired someone with a fantastic portfolio, I was happy to pay a high rate as I wanted really good results. Weeks later with no contact with the guy at all, i had no choice but to file a chargeback, instantly the guy contacts me, convinces me to close the dispute to give him another week to complete it and to open another dispute if i needed to later....

So in my stupidity, i close the dispute, put a note in paypal that I was closing it only to give the guy more time to deliver... and never heard from the designer again. Went to open the paypal dispute, and well, it is impossible, they fight you as they claim it was "resolved" bullshit. Wasnt resolved, they could see the guy never responded to it at all, they could see my note, but they kept sending me the automated replies saying that it has already been resolved...


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment