Green

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Just released An Open Source Yelp alike Business Review and Rating PHP Script

Hi, About two years ago I was going to build a business review and rating website, but I can't find Open Source script of this kind. Of curse there were paid script out there, but they encrypted the code, which is unacceptable to me. So I decided to make one on my own in my spare time after work.
This is an ad that I inserted!
After I finished the programming, I set up my review and rating site which is to provide business reviews for expats coming to China. just a few weeks I gave up the site, because nobody came to write reviews. All reviews were written by me, however these reviews were not fake, all were translated from a popular Chinese review site. The work is tedious and heavily time-consumed. So I gave up.

A month ago I thought It was a pity to just throw away the code, So I decided to clean the code and get it more organized and open source it under the name Upble. Beside published it on github, I also set up a web site for it: Upble (Sorry I were forbidden to add links, please search "Upble" in Google and the dot com domain is it) . If you are interested to build a business review and rating site, please check it out and fork me on github.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment