Green

Friday, April 19, 2013

Any Ideas On How I Could Code This? The Width For My Content Is 900px...

Well... first off a 'fixed width' design is automatically a steaming pile of /FAIL/ at web development, but even if I was forced to work in some re-re garbage setup where I 'had' to work fixed width, I'd still design that as a fluid layout and then let the outermost container hold it.

You've got a simple two primary columns -- that's easy with a double-wrapper and negative indent... to make the inner fieldset auto-fill the width properly I'd pad the left side of the fieldset enough EM to fit the longest LABEL, use a nested SPAN inside LEGEND to replicate the heading behavior with absolute positioning (sucks but semantically that "feedback" should probably be a LEGEND), float the labels with a negative margin and then set all the input to width:98% or something along those lines.

I'm on the lappy right now, but when I'm back at my workdesk I can toss together an example of that for you. No guarantees on when that will be though -- on my second saline drip to treat dehydration from the flu in the ER right now so... (What else am I gonna do?)


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment