Green

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So It's Been A Month Since The Migration...

So I'm curious what people think after getting over the "omg it's different" shock of the new vBulletin based site vs. the new site (XenForo based).

This has NOTHING to do with policies, but rather functionality of the site. The policy changes that went in place at the same time (3 likes, mitigating low quality users, etc.) has nothing to do with XenForo or vBulletin... they same policies would have gone in to place on vBulletin had we stayed with it.

But I'm curious how people like the software itself.

in general, i like the new face and the new system of digitalpoint (DP)
If i can give a rating about this new DP, I'll give a point 98% ( 98 / 100 ).
Why ? in my opinion after a month i use this new DP, i feel some positive aspect, and a little trouble too.

1. The most positive i like :
This site is loading more fast.
Fresh look and modern appearance.
And the most important to me is the rules more strict to the user, so it can prevent or reduce the "low quality" user that probably (but not entirely) try or attempt to make a fraud / scam / cheat to other members.
But i believe that DP members majority are good people... Yeaahh, let me say maybe if the "old DP" has 3% of fraud members, and now with the "new DP" is reducing until 1% of fraud members.

2. but there's just a little thing that bother me.
about the "inbox". (we call it now "conversations" right?)
There, i can only found "Conversation Title" ; "Replies" ; "Participants" ; "Last Post".
The "participants" only shows the number of participants, it doesn't show with who i talked to.
So, when i must look for a conversation that I forget about "what the title is?", I must remember the ID member, and then I go scroll down to the bottom and click "conversation display option" and filter it with "received by" or "started by".To me, it's rather a difficult time. I hope Digital Point can improve the "user friendly" in the use of "inbox/conversation".

Thanks.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment