Green

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Is Yahoo traffic better than Google traffic?

I have been receiving a number of hits on my sites recently from Yahoo and have noticed a large conversion percentage, so I did some musing as to why Yahoo traffic might convert better;
This is an ad that I inserted!
1 - Google is the search engine for the masses so everyone uses it and the majority of your hits will just be "surfers", looking for something interesting and staying on sites for 0-5 seconds

2 - Yahoo users are probably a bit more descerning Internet users and are more likely to be looking for what they find and consequently stay on the site for longer, and may well convert

3 - Yahoo users may be of a breed who have become disheartened by all the rubbish that Google tries to force on users and are after a search engine that just gives results, so they use Yahoo to find your site and are serious about what they click on

Nonetheless, I have seen a marked increase in my conversion rate and I will no longer rule out Yahoo as a powerful search tool for my websites


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment