Green

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I feel scammed !

You're directly comparing the price of a script developed to sell to hundreds or thousands of customers with no changes, and a script developed custom for a single customer. Compare the price of a Chevy to a Jensen. (Jensen builds each car for the individual buyer.)
Nope, I'm not comparing anything like you are saying: I am simply talking about scripts, not about custom developed sites for a single customer.

vBulletin started somewhere just like any other script and with its pricing policy, support policy and product quality, it built up thousands of customers.

What I'm saying is I've seen scripts charge double or triple and then hidden in their terms and conditions it says, you can't sell the license.

Or after having handed over hundreds of dollars, the developer lets you know that the script is sold as is, or i.e. no support.

Or I've seen scripts sell for thousands of dollars and although granted, they are somewhat superior to others, the premium is no relation to the difference in lets say quality.

Trust me, those I'm referring to above, will never succeed and certainly never build up a user-base of tens of thousands, let alone hundreds of thousands.

And again, I'm not talking about a script to manage an airline, or a global corporations internal accounting or a logistics company's orders I'm talking about your typical webmasters scripts, to do this, to clone that, to CMS for this or to perform functions x, y, z...

Certainly a custom built script for one customer will come with what you are saying, but that wasn't the direction I was discussing.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment