Green

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Is 300-350 words article still effective since the change of Google Algorithm??

Google's changes primarily lessened the impact of article sites, rather than articles themselves, so I believe it all depends on where the text is being published and the authority/originality of the additional work on that domain.

From my own experience, posts and pages of 500 words or more do very well in Google, but because many in my specific field don't bother to write any original text, even content with 300 words can easily beat the competition.

Your competition is perhaps one of the primary factors. Even if Google wants lengthy articles about the price of spinach, if there are only three people writing about the price of spinach Google will have to make-do with what it can find - even if all three writers limit that content to 300 words.

As for what Melanie says about rambling on, my belief is that a good writer can make anything worthy of 500 words given the right format and style to work within. You should see some of the source material I have to deal with to create a 300 - 500 word post! But I manage it. In my case the intention is to sell a product, so there are a lot of tools I can use including fantasy and personal experience to make what would otherwise have been a 300 word scene description into a 500 word article.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment