Green

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Need Advise on Forum Posting

My favorite way to get quick, fast SEO done and get some good framework for my site is by article & video marketing. I'm not that good at ranking videos, but just having one and letting it sit there gives it link juice because you have a link to your website on a high authority site that google trusts (YouTube).

You also write 3 articles based around one keyword with 15k-75k monthly searches. Stick to lower with medium competition if you're newer, or you can go higher with high competition if you're a little more seasoned. Focus on one keyword every 2 weeks.

You post those articles and you also spin them -- http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/the-ultimate-guide-to-tiered-link-building-part-1/]Matthew Woodward has some amazing tutorials about this exact method here: MatthewWoodward.co.uk/tutorials/the-ultimate-guide-to-tiered-link-building-part-1[/url] . No affiliation. He advertises a lot of great programs in the video that are really worth it if you can afford it, but if you can't there are slightly cheaper alternatives. You may need to find cheap or free programs that only do one thing at a time, but this can really cut costs. I do almost everything manually myself, and after I see it be successful in a certain niche I start building up Tier 3 links.

Once you've gone through at lesat your first two weeks focusing on a medium competition keyword with as close to 30k searches as possible, start collecting a list of forums and make sure you organize them. I prefer to use a multi-columned excel sheet.

In Column 1, I list the name of the Forum
In Column 2, I list the PR of the Forum
In Column 3, I list the URL of the Forum

Then, I have a separate documents for EACH forum. In this document I list it as so:

NAME OF FORUM
Title Of Post I've Made | Link To The Post | # Of Posts Thread Has | # Of Uniques From Post | Date
-blank if it's about the same post- | -blank if it's about hte same post | Updated # Of Posts Thread Has | # Of Uniques From Post | Date

I make it so I can sort any of the columns, so I can specifically sort by highest number of uniques a post generated. Then I check to see what elements are in my post -- was it controversial? Was it funny? Did something about it go viral? etc. etc. so I can continue to repeat the same technique.

When forums consistently perform at less than 50% of the average, I stop posting there because it's personally not worth my time. However, it could possibly be worth it to outsource posting to other employees and delegate the responsibility.

Generally, my best performing forum posts in every niche I can think of have been posts to current news events. The more controversial the better, but just general stats and info works as well.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment